5.03.2010

Feeling Kind of Crazy, Carefree Today

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. After an amusing staff meeting at the Sports Center, I raced over to Chris', where he sauntered down the driveway to meet me, sans shirt. I almost died. I don't think I've ever gone out with anyone that I was so uncontrollably, physically attracted to. It's quite exhilirating.

I took him to Garin Park, which was more beautiful than I remember it being. I mean, I always knew it was a great place. I ran countless miles at the park over the course of 4 years, and know those trails by heart. But yesterday was fantastic. We ran to the staircase, through the valley and back. My monkey boy climbed a tree, then we climbed the huge hill right by the barn. Then we did planks and got burritos at Tacos Uruapan. Garin is magical, really special. Yesterday we were running back through the valley and I had one of those moments where I realized that sometimes to really appreciate something completely, you have to go away and come back and see it with eyes that have seen other things in the world. Garin is one of those places; I've been to so many countries and seen a lot of things and Garin is just great. It was really cool to be able to share that experience with someone not from my XC team, someone equally special to me. I love how we can keep up with each other. I love having someone to run and be active with, whose bum I can squeeze or make out with after, all sweaty from running. This is bliss.

The rest of the evening was taken up with a much needed shower, watermelon leftovers from my meeting, chocolate costco cake and cookies and cream ice cream, and a movie, "An Education." Then we passed out, understandably.

I'm happy right now and I hope it stays this way. I have -$245 in my bank account right now and am impatiently waiting for my pension. I have boxes of shit to unpack, 8 months on, and lots of people that I owe letters and e-mails. But right now, it's warm outside, I am alone at home, and I still have another 2 hours until I have to be at work. I know what stress feels like and right now I am not stressing. I feel like I could give a shit about anything bad right now, and it's a great feeling.

No comments: